Like most clubs, EMRC have their fair share of computer users. With the advent of Microsoft Train Simulator, we have another distraction ! At the moment two members own this package. I have started this page as a resource point for our members.
EMRC is not a technical group who can help with the program. We are 'just' users like you. This site is not intended to be a general resource for Microsoft Train Simulator - there are better sites for that.
Here are some good starting links to try :
- The Steam4me MSTS Site - THE place for aussie downloads, & information
- Geoff's Australian MSTS Page - An Australian keen to assist others with content etc. for Australia (highly recommended)
- Official Site For Microsoft Train Simulator.
- VLINE" S" Lookalike - posted in the loco section.
- TS Design Studio PRO By Abacus Software will help MSTS users construct locos etc.
By The Way, their cover photo is a CLP !
- Train Artisan J3a Hudson. Empire State Express livery - runs very well !
If you haven't got MSTS, and would like it :
- Ensure you have a Graphics card that CAN model 3D Objects. Check Geoff's page (link above) for a list of some graphics card that can run MSTS
- Have over 1.8 GB of free Hard Disk space - it is HUGE ! This 1.8 GB is the size required, not what is free - as usual you should leave at least 10% of your Hard Disk free! For example you have a 4GB HDD - you would need 1.8GB + 400MB ( 10% of 4GB) free = 2.2GB.
- You will need a lot more disk space on top of that if you wish to get more locos, routes etc.
If you have the computing resources and enjoy trains - I highly reccomend MSTS. Call it a game or a simulation - or both. It only costs $99, and you may get it for less. I have found it very good and playable, and it has stopped progress on model railway projects!