There are many questions regarding Wodonga and they are listed here. As answers are found this page will be updated.
If you know any of the answers please kindly let us know using the Contact Us link above.
- What date did the old coal transfer crane cease being used?
- What date was the old coal transfer crane demolished?
- What happened to coal, was it railed down to Melbourne on the SG?? (though the coal would I assume be a very small amount as steam traction was 99% gone)
- What date was the old Coal siding-Bandiana leg BG of the triangle removed ?
- What date was the old Bandiana-Cudegwa removed/cease use ?
- What date was the old Bandiana-Wodonga leg of the BG triangle removed?
- What date was the Gauge Transfer station built and first used?
- What date was the Gauge Transfer station building pulled down?
- What date was the Gauge Transfer track not used at all?
- When did the logging start?
- What Date was the Oil siding on the BG main just north of the Signal box no longer used?
- What Date was the Oil siding on the BG main just north of the Signal box removed?
- Do we know who/what company used this Oil siding on the BG main just north of the Signal box?
- When was the coal siding signal box last manned, or was it always switched in as needed?
Tracks and Level Crossing Changes
- When was Huon/Bradford St. abolished as a level crossing?
- When was Osburn St. made a level crossing?
- What is the industry on the other side of Osburn St. today and in yesteryear?
- When did the industry on the other side of Osburn St. loose a rail siding?
- What rail traffic went to the industry on the other side of Osburn St.?
- There is evidence of two sidings where the scales were on the BG. Any idea re the industries they served, and what dates they ceased being used?
- When was the cement plant built and first served by rail?
- The siding going off at an angle, what did they serve and when were they pulled down?
- We assume the small creek at the Albury end was not always the three girder bridges? any idea re their former bridge type and replacement date?
- When did the Victorian locos shunt on the SG?(did NSW engine ever shunt the yard and to Bandiana?)
Traffic types – what went into the yard (any era)
- SG & BG coal (assume S trucks and GY’s near the end)
- Transfer wagons to Bandiana
- Transfer wagons to Bandiana for the snowy mT. scheme to be trasnferred to BG
- New locos for gauge conversion at Bandiana
- Container wagons for transfer to Bandiana
- Log traffic
- General goods for the industries unidentified at the moment
- GM,S,B,X ,T,Y ,a W, L class all were gauge converted on their delivery run south and west. what other locos were there?